Skip to main content

About your Search

Search Results 0 to 5 of about 6 (some duplicates have been removed)
. byron york in "the weekly standard," and john padora, bill kristol are all saying the republicans have to do something. they're playing a losing hand. fedoris writes, every way you look at it, the gop is trapped. republican politicians will cave and give the president most of what he wants. the only real question is, when? the answer is, probably at the worst possible time when they've done even more damage to the party's brand. governor, if you were a republican today, would you sitting down say, you know we have to eat this, deal with this top 2%, we can't be seen as hanging out for the rich guys, rich women of this country and we don't want to be doing it during a thunderstorm economic hell in january. let's do it now. what do you think their thinking is in this fight? >> it's got to be clearly that. they're going to lose this eventually. no question about it, even if we go over the cliff. the president will make sure there's no legislation restoring the top 2%. everyone will restore it for the other 89 98%. they shouldn't let the democrats shop for republican votes. speaker boehner
. instead we must improve their resiliency of our communities and byron and essential services and vulnerable populations with smart planning and well-designed recovery and rebuilding tools. we have the ability to reduce the consequences of severe weather permitting flood risk through smarter land-use guidelines, building codes, and fire protection improvement. the state of new york has requested 9 billion for mitigation measures. the state of new jersey is seeking another 7 billion for the same purpose. i commend governor cuomo and christie including strategic mitigation needs in their funding request. both of these leaders have demonstrated incredible compassion and concern for the people whom they represent in have been highly effective set the disaster began and may also include mia bloomberg, and many other local officials the and did the job there were elected to do. i look forward to hearing, witnesses today. my colleagues whom i have the deepest respect for and have been engaged in many conversations with them, as i am all too familiar with what they're going through. i
Search Results 0 to 5 of about 6 (some duplicates have been removed)